02 Feb We’re 1 Year Old & Getting Stronger! Thanks For Your Support.
I’ve always had a passion for health and fitness and helping people become the best they can be. There’s no better feeling for me than to see a client become more fit, gain self confidence, and truly incorporate healthy living into their daily lives. I wanted to do this for a career and provide clients with the most effective training methodologies and strength and conditioning. The problem was I didn’t have a fancy gym nor any visibility in our community as a fitness company so I needed to design a plan and put it into action if I was going to make it work.
Aaron and I met while working at another very reputable fitness company and when we left around the same time, I met with him to tell him my idea. I knew he’d be a key piece to this puzzle for making this idea become a reality as he possess that same passion and drive for helping people and we share the same belief in what’s the most effective ways to train. He jumped in with both feet and the plan started to roll.
The next steps in the plan included creating budgets, tracking systems, marketing, networking, building relationships and alliances, and figuring out where we’re were going to train clients. After much planning and designing, one year ago on February 1st, 2011, Engineered Bodies was officially born.
Some highlights over the last year include (in no particular order):
- Eagle Ridge Circuit Classes to raise money for the RONA MS Bike Tour.
- Improving the functional movement of junior golfers coached by CPGA teaching professional Dave Zibrik through his High Performance Junior Golf Program.
- Provided TPI physical screens on top CPGA professional golfers Bryn Perry, Phillip Jonas, and Doug Morgan in a golf swing and biomechanics study conducted by CPGA professionals Mark Strong and Dave Zibrik.
- Attended Media Day hosted by CKGolf Solutions and met PGA golfer Adam Hadwin and other top CPGA golf professionals.
- Trained with the Burnaby Burrards Men’s lacrosse team and provided them with FMS physical screens.
- TPI at Oceanside California and meeting CSCS Jason Glass and Dr. Greg Rose.
- Provided FMS physical screens on the UBC and Trinity Western University men’s and women’s volleyball teams for a study conducted by the head of strength and conditioning for team Canada volleyball Mischa Harris.
- Affiliate status with lululemon, becoming a lululemon ambassador for Coquitlam, and working with their team on a number of events to support health and wellness initiatives in our community.
- Provided FMS physical screen and assessments on local Crossfit athletes: Dai Manuel, Annie Tasaka, Pete Kendrick, and Mandy Gill.
- Mentored and helped a number of aspiring personal training students reach their goal of becoming certified personal trainers through our BCRPA mentoring program.
- Tons of client success stories ranging from first time half marathons to just simply touching their toes for the first time.
None of these highlights and accomplishments couldn’t have been attained without the massive support we were given throughout the year by family, friends, our valued clients, colleagues, and professionals in the health and fitness and golf industry. We’ve got a lot of exciting new developments lined up for this upcoming year and we’re super excited about it.
Starting this company and helping it to continue to grow and improve is very much similar to starting your own health and fitness routine. It’s a daunting task but it takes a carefully designed plan, dedication to the plan, and a constant support group to motivate you so that you can succeed in your goals.
On behalf of all of us at Engineered Bodies, I would like to thank you for being our support group in our plan and we look forward to continuing helping people in our community to reach their goals.