Silvia’s goal is to help busy individuals incorporate exercise into their lives so they can be fit, move well, feel good in their bodies, and excel at what they do. She won’t just tell you how to exercise or what to eat, but will give you strategies–both practical and mental–on how to do what you do need to do to reach your goals while staying sane in your unique context.
As an occupational rehab kinesiologist, Silvia has been to a variety of workplaces and collaborated with WorkSafeBC and employers to help hundreds of injured workers return to work safely. She is passionate about using education, exercise, and nutrition to help people avoid work-related injuries, rehabilitate, and optimize health and function. As a competitive weightlifter, she understands the importance of proactively maintaining a healthy body to keep the body resilient to heavy physical demands.
In her spare time, Silvia likes to train for competitive Olympic weightlifting, eat, nerd out about exercise science and nutrition, and learn about behaviour change.
Education and Certifications:
- Master of Science (Kinesiology) and Bachelor of Human Kinetics
- Practicing Kinesiologist (British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists)
- Certified Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Professional, Levels 1 & 2
- Precision Nutrition Level 1, Certificate in Exercise Nutrition
- Certified Online Trainer (Online Trainer Academy)
Certifications in Progress:
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Precision Nutrition Level 2
- PROnatal Certified Trainer (pre- and post-natal training)
See her LinkedIn profile here: www.linkedin.com/in/silviahua