CrossFit Group Classes!
We offer CrossFit group classes under the affiliate name CrossFit Port Moody. In our training facility, movement quality is our top priority which is why we’ve developed standards that must be satisfied to participate in these classes. These standards have been developed for your safety and the safety of the other participants in the class. We want you to be moving well before you start to move often. We think you’ll appreciate our approach to CrossFit and we look forward to having you a part of our amazing and supportive community.
To participate in our CrossFit group classes, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- A FMS score indicating the minimum level of movement quality and no pain.
- Movement quality and competency in the basic exercise movement patterns taught in our Movement Fundamentals (MoFun) Program.
*You can challenge the test if you think you’re up to our standards. Book a session with our one of our coaches and let’s see how you do!
Our Movement Fundamentals (MoFun) Program consists of 6 sessions. In a private or semi-private setting of no more than 6 individuals, you will learn how to perform the following basic exercise movement patterns and the appropriate progression for you if you don’t yet have the movement:
Session 1: Deadlift Series
Session 2: Squat Series
Session 3: Push-up, Pull-up, Overhead Pressing Series
Session 4: Kettlebell Basics
Session 5: CrossFit Essentials
Session 6: Movement Flow
Woo Hoo! You’ve passed!! Now What?
CrossFit Group Classes
You are now ready to execute and succeed in our CrossFit Group Classes! In this group setting, you will continue to work on your specific corrective exercises to maintain or improve your movement quality as well as start to build basic performance and physical capacity for coordination, balance, muscle endurance, strength, and power into your movements. In other words, we are now training movement quantity. Participants in these classes will all perform the same workout in a coached group setting. These classes are designed to be fun, challenging, and encouraging as you will develop camaraderie with your class mates that will help motivate you and push you as you work towards your fitness goals. Get ready to move like you’ve never moved before!!
What Separates Us From Other CrossFit Facilities & Why Should You Care?
- Our process starts with FMS movement screening to assess your risk to injury,
- We have the expertise to identify the true source of your movement dysfunction and prescribe you with the appropriate corrective strategy to mitigate your risk to injury when you train,
- Our MoFun Program will educate you on how to safely and effective execute the basic lifts so you’ll perform with confidence and complete understanding of the movement while you train in class.
- We NEVER program high-repetition Olympic Weightlifting movements or box jumps in a workout for a “conditioning-effect”. This is dangerous as these movements are extremely technical and require proper technique. Performing these movements at high-repetitions in a workout will cause failure of the technique and increase your risk to injury.
- We have separate Olympic Weightlifting Classes that you have access to with your membership where you will learn how to safely and effectively execute the snatch and the clean and jerk in a no-pressure, not for time, coached setting,
- We NEVER program American-style KettleBell Swings in workout as this movement requires the Kettlebell to be raised high above the head putting the shoulders at risk for impingement. Most people do not possess the necessary shoulder mobility to perform this movement and will compensate using their back.
- We NEVER program Sumo-Deadlift-High-Pulls in a workout for similar reasons as in number 6.
- We do not allow kipping pull-ups, chin-ups, muscle-ups, or toes to bar in our classes. You will learn the appropriate progressions in our MoFun program so that you can develop the strength to execute a strict pull-up or muscle-up.
- Our programming is periodized 3-months in duration and with a specific goal in mind. It is not random, it is varied but not so much that you will not adapt. Our programming is science-based and the results for our clients are indisputable.
- Our programming integrates the Movement Classes we offer to deliver a holistic approach to your strength training. This approach will aid in your recovery and regenerate your body so you can continue to train for the long term.
- We believe there is no value in being able to move poorly through a workout just to get done quickly and be sore and in pain all the time in your daily life. Our programming goal is to develop you into a really strong, confident, mover that can tackle the day-to-day outside the gym with ease and be an inspiration to those around you.
Book Now for you complimentary FMS and Get Started Today!!