February 15 , 2013
We’ve done it. We opened our facility in Port Moody. It’s been a few crazy months of preparing for this day, and I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished. And now the time has come to celebrate this accomplishment. We hope you’ll join us and make this the first of many community events for our facility. Here are the details:
When: Saturday, February 23, 2 – 5 pm
Where: Unit #4, 2822 Spring Street (near the Westcoast Express Station)
Who: This is a family-friendly event, so bring your kids, parents, friends, anyone you can think of.
- Ribbon cutting by Mayor of Port Moody, Mike Clay,
- Meet the 2012 Legends Football League Champions – BC Angels,
- Enjoy the music of a local musician,
- Try the cryotherapy chamber for $25,
- Get a free Functional Movement System screen,
- Have your golf swing analyzed with the k-Vest,
- Watch a CrossFit demonstation,
- Use up some of your kids’ energy in the mini-obstacle course, and
- Enter to win door prizes from local businesses!
Note: parking will be at a premium, so for those of you that live in Suter Brook or Klahanie, please consider walking – it’s not far. There is street parking available on Spring St, Hugh St and St. Johns. Please be considerate of our neighbours.
This is how we started. We were mobile: we trained our clients outside, in their homes, in recreation centres of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Burnaby, and at driving ranges.
Then we found a space in Port Moody, our home community. This is what our location looked like in January:
This what it looks like now:
It’s still not entirely complete. We have one last (big) thing to complete. It will be unveiled at the grand opening.
Thanks to many people who helped us with this huge project, from the friends that looked after our kids, to our clients for their loyal support, to the local business community for their support through the donation of door prizes, including Kushala Yoga, Cobs Bread, Refresh Salon & Spa, Qore Health, and Strike Movement, just to name a few. Also thanks to all the businesses that have put up our posters. We really appreciate it!