February 28 , 2011
So it took a bit of time today (or last night I guess…) to shoot and edit our very first Engineered Bodies workout video. It’s amazing what you can do with an Apple computer and a little imagination.
Beginner full body workout (week 2 of 4)
Check list for each exercise/rep:
- The equipment you need is a medicine ball, small step, and a chin up bar
- Perform each rep with proper form.
- Remember to engage your core (deep TVA muscles).
- Breathe out on the concentric (most difficult part of the exercise).
3-sets x 12-reps in a circuit-style.
- Med ball reverse lunges
- Med ball lateral hops over step
- Med ball straight-leg deadlift
- Med ball toe taps
- Push ups with knee drives
- Box jumps onto step
- Chin ups (or jumping chin ups off of step for assistance)
- Rest 1-min
Move through the circuit quickly with good form and don’t rest until you finish the chin ups. Check out our video below:
Always remember to challenge yourself and have fun. 🙂